Gibraltar

 
Gibraltar
 
Holy Trinity Cathedral
 
Holy_Trinity_CathedralBuilt as a church between 1825 and 1832 under the control of the British Army’s Royal Engineers Colonel Pilkington and the church was dedicated to St Bernard. The building was a result of the lobbying of the British Government to sell a derelict building to finance the project. This was carried out by the Governor of Gibraltar John Pitt who had taken over as Governor in 1820. He was the son of the British Prime Minister William Pitt the Younger (1759-1806)READ MORE
 
 

 
GoogleTrans
 

All  Photographs Copyright: Ron Gatepain

  Site Map